Access to medical help when the surgery is closed
Throughout the weekend and between 6.30 pm and 8.00 am NHS 111 service is available to help with non-life-threatening matters that cannot wait until we re-open. Simply dial 111. Calls to NHS 111 are free from all phones.
Between 8pm – 8.30am Monday to Friday there is an out-of-hours service, which is available to all patients registered with a doctors’ surgery in the area. The out-of-hours service can be reached by ringing 0845 145 0121. Depending on your circumstances, you may be given advice on the telephone, seen by a GP or nurse at a Primary Care Centre, visited at home by a health professional or collected by ambulance in the case of a medical emergency.
For emergencies dial 999 or visit A&E at Eastbourne District General Hospital. Chest pains and/or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
- Pharmacists are highly trained health professionals and can give you confidential health advice for a range of common illnesses and complaints.
- Don’t wait for a GP appointment for coughs, colds, aches and pains. Just call your local pharmacy a call or drop in – there is no need to make an appointment.
- Your pharmacists can also help you decide if you need to see a doctor or nurse.
Sussex Mental Health Line
Call 0300 5000 101.
Available Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am, and 24 hours at weekends and Bank Holidays in East Sussex. The Sussex Mental Health line is a telephone service offering support and information to anyone experiencing mental health problems including stress, anxiety and depression. The service is also available to carers and healthcare professionals. You do not need an appointment. This service is not suitable for persons in Mental Health Crisis.
Need a dentist in daytime hours? Dental Helpline: 0300 1000 899. This is for urgent, out of hours, emergency dental treatment, when your own dentist is closed (or if you do not have a dentist). NHS dental charges apply.
Eastbourne Out of hours dentist: 01323 449170. Lines open: Weekdays from 5.30pm. Weekends and bank holidays from 8.30am.
Emergency Contraception/Sexual Health
- Local community-based clinics, Eastbourne 01323 416100 https://www.eastsussexsexualhealth.co.uk
- Pharmacies can often provide emergency contraception.